The I Love Greens ‘morning after the night before’ feel good plan!
8th December 2014
So last night was great fun but today is another matter…staying in bed all day isn’t an option so here’s how to get through the day the I Love Greens way!
- You must drink, drink, drink! And no I don’t mean more of the red stuff! If cold water is not so appetising then try warm water with a slice of lemon or orange. Or try mixing some unsweetened fresh juice with the water. Using sparkling water can make it even easier to drink.
- Your blood sugar balance is going to be all over the place following a boozy night, so now’s the time to get yourself balanced. Complex carbohydrates are the way forward the morning after. So grab that wholemeal seeded bread and stick a couple of slices in the toaster.
- Your liver would have been under pressure all night detoxifying all that alcohol so you need to give it some support by providing it with amino acids in the form of protein. Go for eggs as these are a complete protein – providing all the essential amino acids your body needs. Add to this some baked beans – normally I recommend making your own to keep the sugar and salt content down but you’re going to need a bit sugar and salt to replace what has been lost, so reach for the Heinz.
- Once you’ve had something to eat pop a good quality multivitamin and mineral supplement containing all the B vitamins in high levels. These vitamins would have been depleted by the alcohol and replacing them will help with the feelings of tiredness.
- Steer clear of the sugary snacks throughout the day (despite what your body might be telling you) – got for raw nuts and some fruit instead. This will help balance your blood sugar levels and provide magnesium to help with any headache that may still be lingering. If you’ve been for a consultation with I Love Greens, take a look at the Healthy Snack Fact Sheet that you were given for some more ideas.
- For lunch and dinner, don’t overload your digestive system, which has probably been a little upset from the previous night’s events! Go for some easily to digest protein such as white fish and plenty of steamed vegetables or salad along with some complex carbohydrates like brown rice or quinoa. Soup is another good option as it’s going to give you plenty of fluids – just make sure it contains some protein such as chicken, fish, beans or lentils.
- Finally – get an early night and promise yourself that you’re never drinking again
Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy and Healthy New Year!